Douglas Nix, Chairman of Stillwater Capital Corporation
About the Presentation
Topic: "Key Ways to Build Value in Your Business"
- System, not person, dependent - the value is in the system
- Finetune the value proposition – what does the company do very uniquely (be clear on that point and then fortify it
- Diversity of clients – not to rely too heavily on too few clients
- The team – have you assembled a talented and empowered team?
- Technology – are you are the front end of technological developments? Is it an advantage?
- Intellectual property – apart from patents (which are uncommon), do you have proprietary business knowhow, industry knowledge, etc.?
About the Presenter
Doug is founder and Chairman of Stillwater Capital, one of North America's leading mid-market investment banks. He is a pioneer in designing and running corporate sale processes that result in outstanding outcomes for clients. He is driven by the belief that selling a business for less than what it is worth is akin to stealing from your family.
As one of the world's most experienced mid-market Mergers & Acquisitions advisors, Doug has been involved in over 100 M&A transactions. He has a strong background in strategy formulation, M&A negotiation, and corporate finance. He is a frequent speaker and thought leader in the industry. Doug leads the Global Transportation and Logistics Practice Group for Geneva Capital Group, the world’s premier professional advisory group, bringing unequalled perspective and insights to every client served.
Stillwater serves business owner clients as trusted senior advisor, applying a client-focused approach built on the bedrock of values like integrity, trust, discretion, and an ethical approach to all that he does.
Doug has been married for 40 years, has 3 married children, 10 grandchildren, and, recently, 6 laying chickens.