We offer business counsel to help your business navigate difficult issues so that you may thrive as a company.
Transitioning a business from one set of owners to another, whether family or not, is a complicated process. The incoming set of owners needs to be adequately equipped for success, and this can take time. They need to have the proper training and gain industry knowledge. We look at ways to maintain an entrepreneurial culture and continue to innovate.
- Strategic Plan and Implementation Plan
- Positioning a company for maximum sales value
- Personal Development Plan for Key Leadership Team Members
- Personality / Behavioural Assessments
- Strategic Planning and Innovation Sessions
In order for a company to be successful, it needs to have a sound foundation. This includes a dynamic and effective organization chart that clearly delineates job title, job description, reporting, accountability and incentives. With these things made clear, the organization is able to function well.
- Review of organizational infrastructure
- Review of incentives: employee share ownership plans, stock option plans, phantom equity, issuing shares, etc.
- Reorganization of Board of Directors
- Chair & Organization of Board of Director Meetings
- Organization of an Advisory Board
- Chair the Advisory Board meeting
For family/business owner planning, ELO Counsel provides strategic planning by focusing on healthy family relationships, responsible stewardship of all forms of capital, and the development of a family legacy. For financial and estate planning, ELO Counsel works with leading industry professionals to serve affluent families whose financial affairs are impacted by changes in their business circumstances. We deliver integrated planning based on the client’s values and will integrate family, wealth, business and philanthropic objectives.
- Vision, Mission & Values Review
- Strategic Review & Family Business Rules
- Growth and Innovation Plan
- Unanimous Shareholder Agreements
- Spinning off a division of a company into a stand-alone business
- Methods for Conflict Resolution