2017 Winnipeg Post Event Report
The “Report” follows below, after the endorsements.
The feedback from attendees was extraordinarily positive. Here is a sampling:
- “It was a great networking experience and opportunity. The schedule worked great. Fantastic speakers.” – Stephen Gray, Triple E Recreational Vehicles, Winkler, MB
- “Great event. I would recommend it.” – Alan Barkman, Barkman Concrete, Steinbach, MB
- “This is a great event for connecting with people. It really helps to cast a vision for how entrepreneurial passion and Christian vocation work together.” – Cameron McKenzie, Providence University College, Otterburne, MB
- “It is wonderful to connect with other Christian business people who have a passion about their calling.” – Tim Coles, Youth For Christ, Peterborough, ON
- “I would recommend this event based on the quality of the speakers. Les Hewitt was very interesting; his message was simple but sophisticated.” – Guy Baudry, HyLife, La Broquerie, MB
- “I would recommend the event. I valued the networking time and quality of speakers. The networking opportunity alone is worth it.” – Eric Friesen, Lead Freely, Winnipeg, MB
- “Lots of information in a short time, but all very valuable! Well done.” – Heidi Spletzer, Vice President, Crystal Developers, Winnipeg,MB
- “Les Hewitt was especially excellent. Q & A’s were also very helpful. An inspirational evening, challenging us to play a bigger game.” – Deanna Waters, Co-President, Noteworthy Enterprises, Winnipeg, MB
- “Great insights from seasoned speakers with so much knowledge and talent.” – Leon Hebert, Diaser Management, Winnipeg, MB
- “This is a very good event to equip Christian Leaders.” – Shoaib Ebadi, Square One World Media, Inc., Winnipeg, MB
- “I would recommend the event. Great atmosphere and quality people.” – Donovan Fowke, Symbicore, Winnipeg, MB
This year’s Entrepreneurial Leaders Conference in Winnipeg was a record-breaking success with a representation of business people from throughout Winnipeg and southern Manitoba and great feedback from attendees (see below). A total of 265 people attended this year’s event, representing a Christian leadership who’s who, and cementing its status as the most important event for Christian marketplace and entrepreneurial leaders each year.
Sponsors, table host and advertisers included: Golden West, Covenant Family Wealth Advisors, Herb & Erna Buller Foundation, River City AV, Exotic Car Club, Today’s Executive Network, Bison Transport, Canadian Mennonite University, Providence University College, Triple E Recreational Vehicles, Décor Cabinets, Jade Transportation, Loewen Windows, Corporate Source, All-Fab Group, Appelts Diamonds, Youth For Christ, Two Tom Furniture Solutions, Hylife, Adult & Teen Challenge, Friesens Printers, Crossroads Communications, Steinbach Credit Union and NCOL Internet.
The action-packed program featured three different participants. First, Rick Goossen interviewed Lorna Dueck, President, Crossroads on the role of Christians—through media and other means—to have an impact on mainstream culture. Lorna described the joys and challenges of communicating the Christian message in our current environment.
Karl Moore, Professor, McGill University School of Business, discussed leading in today’s environment. In particular, he highlighted the nature of working with millennials—how hierarchy can be inverted, the pursuit of meaning is very important and there is an increasing prevalence of reverse mentoring.
Les Hewitt, the keynote speaker, presented on focus, innovation and resourcefulness for business leaders. He talked about great innovators such as Elon Musk. He challenged listeners as to, “what is your big idea?” He then asked, “what is stopping you?” He talked about the value of “mastermind groups.” Les gave many practical tips on how to focus.